Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Calendar Time



We have a Morning Work Calendar here!  With pretty month headings and numbers in differing patterns.  I chose not to include Glimmercat in the images, so that anyone could use them, even if not using our other products.  But they still have a similar look to our other products:



Is it just me, or do other folks have trouble finding calendars for morning time?  I don't know, maybe it's just me.  But the artwork always seems so "dumbed down" and I happen to think children prefer quality art, too..



Also, when I look for a Calendar, I am usually looking for numbers already set up in patterns, to make it really easy for me...but maybe that is asking too much.  Anyway, I decided I just needed to create our own year long Calendar and dress it up to my heart's content. My favorite part is the numbers for the days that are already in patterns, a new pattern for every month.

We designed this to be printed out on 11 x 17 inch paper.  I'd recommend laminating or covering with clear contact paper after you cut everything out, just to help it last a bit longer.

Some of the months have A-B-A-B patterns, while others have A-A-B-B patterns or A-B-B patterns, just to help your young ones learn that a pattern repeats and yet can be different each time you begin anew.

We've also kept in theme for holidays, utilizing colors and ideas generally associated with each month.


Next, I went ahead and created a Weather Wheel with a small arrow so that weather can be a daily adventure as well.



And to help with Day names, we made a Day of the Week Rainbow and a Seasons Wheel:


Now, I created all this and then I started thinking.  Many teachers utilize even more in their daily calendar, and I wanted this to be as complete as possible.  So I went to some teachers for feedback and requested ideas...

One of the items the feedback produced was a Tooth Graph.  Below is a detail image of the graph.  As you can see, there are a variety of tooth images for children to choose from when they lose a tooth, and the months have been set up according to the patterns we have used.


Another thing the feedback reminded me about was a 100 chart.  I know keeping track of the first 100 days in Kindergarten is usually a very fun and important task, so I designed two separate charts.  One is an empty chart for the numbers to be cut out and attached to, and the other chart is simply a 1 to 100 chart.  So, whichever way you utilize it, this should work for you.

I also added a Clock, some Us Coin images, sized roughly accurate to each other, and birthday cards to replace numbers on the Calendar, if desired.  


All in all, I'm pretty happy with my work on this one.  I can't wait to use it for our own calendar.  And that's kinda the important thing.


If you'd like to download our month of January for free, it looks like this and is available here: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/January-Calendar-for-Bulletin-Boards-2315728

Or, if you'd like to purchase the entire year, along with the Seasons, the Days of the Week and the Weather Wheel, it is available for $6.00 right here:  https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Twelve-Month-Bulletin-Board-Calendar-2318583
 

No comments:

Post a Comment