Pages

Friday, March 15, 2013

Fun Facts about the Jewish month of Nisan

Okay, so we just entered the Jewish month of Nisan like three days ago.  And I decided to go check it out in more detail, because in my life, I have noticed that God will set aside times and seasons for things.  He has such amazing ORDER in everything.  And He seems to leave little hints or clues along the way sometimes.  I think the clues are for hope.  Our hope.

Anyway, so here's what I discovered (this is SO cool!)!

This is from Wikipedia, (except for the fact about Jesus--but I knew that one already) the month of Nisan--you can go check it out yourself.  Here's the link:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nisan



1.  Isaac, Abraham's promised son, was born
2.  The Exodus of the Jews from slavery in Egypt began
3.  The children of Israel, led by Joshua, enter into the promised land.
4.  The walls of Jericho come down
5.  Queen Esther saves the entire Jewish race.
6.  The Jews' arch enemy Haman is executed for plotting their demise.
7.  Jesus dies for our sins.
8.  Jesus claims victory over death and rises again, (another long awaited promise)
9.  And interestingly, the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising of 1943.

Looking all these over, I would say the month of Nisan is a time God has often set aside for bringing about long awaited promises, for victory over enemies, and for freedom.

Sounds like a great month!  I'll take it!

What about you?  Have you had any great victories or had any long awaited promises come about in during the month of March or the first few days of April?

I'd love to hear about them.  :)

This wonderful image at left is by an artist  who calls herself moyan.  She can be found on the web here:  http://moyan.deviantart.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment